Members of the County Assembly (MCAs) have resumed their normal sessions after a two-month-long recess.
Pending Bills top the agenda as the lawmakers settle down for their sessions. They are; The Nakuru County Valuation and Ratings Bill, The Nakuru County Housing, Estates Tenancy and Management Bill and the Nakuru County Public Service Bill among others.
Speaker Joel Karuri Maina informed the House that pending petitions which were reported and committed to relevant committees will also be in consideration. Some of the pending petitions include:
- Petition by residents of Mwakui Mugi sub-location concerning the construction of Kabatini Social Hall
- A petition seeking a review of revenue allocation of Lare ward to match the population and geographical size
- Petition by the Torobeek community of Nakuru county seeking the intervention of the County Assembly regarding resettling and legitimizing their existence in the County.
- A petition by residents of Kiplemeiwo village, Kiptagich Ward, Olenguruon sub-county seeking the Assembly through the relevant county executive department to undertake a fresh plot allotment participation exercise of the plots Kiplomeiwo village- Land Housing and Physical planning.
- Petition by the Nakuru residents (Founders of Grassroots Oversight Initiative) concerning the utilization of Bursary Funds which was committed to the committee Early Childhood Education Development. (ECDE) among others.
Speaker Maina noted that the Honorable Members have embarked on normal businesses at a time they have benefited from enhanced training on parliamentary practices and procedures.